We all are essentially children and in the autumn I just love doing Garden Foraging. Some say it is reckless business, picking berries from random gardens.
But, I hold a significant amount of respect towards other, and in the other hand, there are so many fruits and berries that have been left to rot on the trees. Resisting the temptation to move on from that delicious Damson tree? No way! 🙂
My surrounding area is full of gardens and green spots. We do have a mini bog nearby, also a pine forest. It is easy to get lost in nature when you are having quality time with plants. Another essential are animals ofcourse – dogs, cats.. you name it!
Atleast the garden foraging is a simple business, I do not enter another persons jardin for safety reasons, but picking berries over the hedge is okay. There are also some rules to it, when you see that people living in a household are going to eat their fruits and berries, then leave.
In the other hand, when you gut feeling tells, that this bush or tree has been mostly abandoned. Go for it, and take as much it is sensible to take, without harming any mental boundaries. It is important to set borders and respect other persons property. But, yumm, I love all those berries you can still have from those gardens! 🙂
Now! The acupunctural preparation of a matter named after ice and cream stirred together.
Aronia-Peanut Ice Cream recipe:
- Aronias (chokeberries)
- Lemon water
- Sweetener (honey, dates etc..)
- In a blender, mix the aronias, peanut, water and sweetener together.
- Blend for a while, that air would begin to absorb into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and use a mixer to whip it.
- Whip it until it looks more like a cream, so it has absorbed a lot of air into the enzymes.
- Freeze it! But not for too long, it takes time to get the real creamy consistency! 🙂
- Enjoy the ice cream, It is delicious stuff!